Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Love to Create

I am sure most of you know by now, I love to create. I am better at re-creation than creation but I love to do it. Lately, some of my “creations” have been an attempt to earn money. Others just have been for fun.

As you may know from my challenges,  cooking has been a big one for me. I realize I haven't finished the 15 days of the cooking challenge. I plan to pick that back up next week when I have more time to cook. I have a few things I want to try.

Some of the things that I have made are cards with my photography on it. Most of the images are New York or travel based pictures I have taken over the last several years.




I am in the process of trying to figure out how to best create, market, and pursue these cards. You can find them on my Etsy site.






If you have any suggestions for ways that I can pursue this more, please let me know. Right now they are sold as individual cards because that's the easiest way to list them on Etsy.   I would be open to making sets but until I have ideas of what people might be looking for, it makes more sense to list them individually.  They make great gifts, and they can double as a matted picture for a 5x7 frame.



I am also working on my very first sweater. I found this pattern in a knitting magazine while I was at home. The pattern is hard to follow but the project is fairly easy. The last bit has taken me a little longer than I thought it would. I plan to be finished with it later this week. At least I hope I am.

I also have been working on my best friend's birthday present. It has sparked a possible idea for Etsy.  I will reveal that later as I have not yet given said present to said best friend.

Also, I have been attempting to work on pendants using my photography. This is another project in the works that I would eventually like to sell. It just means time that I haven't had in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully that will be something you will see in the next couple of weeks.

So, as you can see, I have a lot of things in the works and I am excited about following through with them. Balancing a part-time job will make doing these a little difficult, but will also provide a little more structure to my day which is always a good thing for me.

Stay tuned for these upcoming projects. I plan to be much better at posting after this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...