Wednesday, February 29, 2012

1 hour to 10 minutes




A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was trying to get organized.  I am not an overly dirty person.  I don't enjoy being messy, but I am a touch lazy at times.  Laziness eventually leads to overwhelmed which leads to unorganized.  



I don't spend much time in my room. I have a living situation that welcomes being out in the common areas.  My roommate, though she'd beg to differ, has a room that reflects how little she spends in her room. She'd say its messy but compared to my room, hers is immaculate!  

Because I spend so little time in there, I tend to just drop stuff and go.  Over time, clothes pile up, papers, random objects, etc.  Then I get to a point where I can't handle it and I spend a WHOLE day or two cleaning. 

It bothers me that I have to spend that much time on a room that is no bigger then a shoebox (OK its bigger then that but its not HUGE).  

So I started looking at organizing blogs and websites, dreaming of a day that I would be forever organized.  Some of my issue is that I don't have a system that is good for ME.  I don't like the way things are laid out or arranged. Its not conducive to what I own and what I need.  


I can't afford the things I really want to help get it organized but I am making due with what I have.  I am using the space I have and the furniture I have to help organize. I am getting rid of things that I really don't need that take up an unnecessary amount of space.


I decided this week that instead of taking a full day here and there, I'd spend an hour a day, truly organizing. Not just cleaning but organizing so that when I am done I will only need to spend 10 minutes a day on maintenance.  I added my 1 hour to my list of things to do on my off days and I spend that hour going through the somewhat organized piles in my room.    I tend to really use that hour because I know that's all i really have to do.  I tend to get burnt out on it when its multiple hours at a time.


So I am making progress and hopefully by next leap year I will be all done ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...