Monday, January 30, 2012

Glutton for Punishment - HALF MARATHON

I am training for a half marathon through World Vision. This is a course my roommate and I have run for the last 3 years. I am excited this year to be a part of a team associated with the race through Team World Vision. I am a part of the TGC UWS team.

In preparation, Ashley and I are running a 10K this weekend called the Hot Chocolate Run on Riverside. Training is hard, especially in the cold months, because all you want to do is stay on the couch with your coffee or warm drink and watch bad TV. Today I have been playing the "when will I run" game... which often means I won't run... But in order to run 6 miles this weekend, not running is NOT an option. I actually enjoy a good run when I can get outside and really get into it. But often it means prying myself off of a couch into cold weather. We have a treadmill that we bought to save money since a gym membership was too much and to inconvenient but running inside is too easy to talk yourself out of especially when no one is running beside you.

BUT TODAY I RUN! I WILL! Eventually!

If you are in NYC and want to join the 13.1 World Vision Half Marathon, we'd love to have you. The race is March 24th in Flushing Meadows, Queens. If not, please help support our efforts by donating, $5, $10, $15 to the cause!  VISIT MY PAGE: Team World Vision

OFF I GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...