Saturday, October 29, 2011

Apple A Day: Apple Pie Bites

(Printable Recipe)


  • I love finding fun ways to use the apples I got from apple picking this year. I love it even more when I can make single serving recipes or ones that I can snack on.  
I found these apple pie bites online.  They are great tasting, small and easy to make.  You can't eat just one...  They are even good cold.



What you need:
  • 1 container of refrigerator biscuits (10 biscuit size)
  • 1-2 baking apple, peeled and chopped into small pieces
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons butter


  • Using a rolling pin, flatten each biscuit into a 3-4 inch circle.

  • Cut apples into small chunks


Mix in nutmeg, sugar and cinnamon.


  • Place 1 tablespoon of mixture onto each biscuit.

  • Dot each with a small pat of butter.

  • Bring up the sides of the biscuit, pinch and twist the top to seal in the filling.

  • Place in greased muffin cups.

  • In preheated oven to 375° bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.  
I served these 2-3 per person topped with a scoop of ice scream topped with some extra cinnamon sugar.

You can also eat these bites as a snack.  They are yummy!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...