Monday, March 4, 2013

An Up & Down Kind Of Week

Its hard to believe last week was my birthday.  I had intended to write up a post last week about it but had some bad news which lead to some distractions... I'll get to that later.   


I first just wanted to share about my great birthday!  It was a pretty awesome day.  My best friend/roommate took the day off and spent it spoiling me.  

First, we went to the Harry Potter Exhibition in Midtown.  We both enjoy the books and the movies so this was a nice little treat.  Its a great little museum if you are in the city.  


Then we went to Schnippers. Its a great little restaurant near Times Square that has great sweet potato fries, mac n cheese and a chocolate peanut butter shake.... mmm. I am hungry now just thinking about it.



The rest of the day was more chill.  Ashley made her Birthday tradition, Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding. I prefer this over a cake any day :)  It makes such a big batch that I just finished it yesterday.  My roommate had to go out of town on Wednesday so I basically ate the whole thing... but luckily over 7 days.


Later that night, we had dinner with some of my favorite women in New York. It was a great relaxing evening at one of our local restaurants, Le Cheile.


The next day my beautiful staff got me some Baked By Melissa Cupcakes. I am totally in love with these guys! Needless to say I am hopped up on sugar!



Wednesday began a whole new type of week for me.  As my roommate was about to leave for a trip home for her grandmother's funeral, I got a phone call that my grandmother passed away.  My grandmother's health had been declining for years and in many respects this wasn't a surprise but in some ways it was.  Her passing  hit me in a way that i wasn't expecting. 



 I think that compounded with some other issues sent me into a little bit of an emotional tailspin. 

I am not able to go to the funeral which is today in Illinois.  I wish more than anything that I could be with my family saying goodbye to my sweet grandma but life didn't allow that this time.  I am happy that my grandma is in a better place. She hasn't been herself for a long time but I still will miss her.

So that's a glimpse into my week.  

While you are here, stop by Big Apple Mami, and check out my guest post centered around my little bitty shop, City Girl Creations.  I am giving away $20 credit to shop!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE these photos!

    Visiting from the GFC blog hop. Now following via GFC, Twitter, & G+. Thanks so much!

    http://www.happykidsincblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...