Monday, February 25, 2013

A Little Get-a-Way to the Mountains

I got to spend the week in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN last week with my parents.  It was somewhat of a birthday present/getaway for all of us. 
We stayed in a cabin outside of Pigeon Forge.  Our cabin was amazing with about 10 rocking chairs on the porch and back deck.  I had two beds in my room, one of which was bigger than any king bed I have ever seen. I think it could have been two doubles put together.  
 We got lots of opportunities to rest and just enjoy cabin life.  
 In the middle of the week, my dad took me on a helicopter ride over Pigeon Forge, with a great view of the Smokies.


 The views from our cabin were stellar!  All of the ones above were taken from our cabin at different points of the days.  The stars were amazing. I don't get to see those very often in the city.
I was uber spoiled with relaxing in front of the couch, great meals out, and shopping with the parents.  I feel sad I have no pictures of my mom but she was totally there and enjoyed her time as well!

I hope you enjoy the pics. Today is my birthday and will have more pictures to share tomorrow or wednesday of my fun day with my bestie!

4 comments:

  1. what a fun getaway and happy birthday girl!

    love,
    elisabeth
    www.bellatheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great time. i have friends that honeymooned there and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a time! It must've been a huge jolt coming back to NYC after such a relaxing week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like y'all had a great time! My fiance and I are thinking about honeymooning in PF!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...