Monday, November 28, 2011

Black Friday - Its a Sickness


I am not a fan of shopping... I have to be in the right mood to shop and especially to buy things.   Unless it involves Michael's and or a BIG sale, Its not fun for me.  But there are two times in the year that I not only love shopping, I am addicted.  Black Friday and The Day After Christmas (Boxing Day).  As intimidated as most people are by both of these days, they aren't so bad for me.  Especially Black Friday.   I have done Black Friday in the City for the last 3 years.




Our main stop is Macy's on 34th Street.  We get there between 5:30 and 6:00 am.  The crowds aren't that bad... REALLY. I promise.  There are certain departments that are worse then others but I don't frequent those departments.  The sales are so worth it. Most things are 40% to 60% off and then if you have a Macy's card you often get another 10-20% off.   Two items that I bought for Christmas presents would normally have totalled $120, I got for $40 total.  For this part time income girl, that's amazing.  The crowds, in New York City, are better then they are during any other time of the year.  I much prefer to fight my way through on Friday morning then some random Saturday. Trust ME.

We then went to a few other stores, some with similar sales and some that paled in comparison.

We are typically done by 10-11am and head up to the Upper West Side to Utopia and have an egg and cheese sandwich and then home to recover.

Black Friday is one of the other reasons I love Thanksgiving.  It allows me to do most of my Christmas shopping.  The deal is another reason.  You walk away feeling like you conquered something big.  Its also a great time with my bestest usually filled with lots of laughs!

I talked my roommate into trying it 3 years ago and now she actually enjoys it and looks forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...