Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Joys

I love Thanksgiving.  I knew I loved it.  I just didn't know how much until this year.

This year, my roommate and I, had a some friends from our church over for Thanksgiving.  We made the Turkey, stuffing, pumpkin cheesecake and a sweet potato dish.




I brined the turkey for 36 hours before in an apple sage brine.


Then we cooked turkey (with stuffing) with an apple cranberry base with garlic, onions and cranberries.  I wasn't smart enough to take a pictures of the turkey as it came out of the oven.  The turkey was a little late coming out of the oven so I was a little more concerned about my waiting guests to remember to take pictures.


I did get a picture after we devoured it.  It was a hit.


Our friends brought their favorite sides which made for a great meal!  Amazing MEAL!


We ended up having 14 adults and 4 kids in our small little Manhattan apartment.  We turned out TV stand into a seating area, borrowed some chairs, and threw some pillows on the floor.  It was cozy but oh so fun.


The kids made turkeys with apple, marshmallows and toothpicks.

Although our guests took food home with them, we still had lots of leftovers.


Three days later and we are still eating left overs.  Tonight I made a Turkey Pot Pie that I will post later this week.

Lots of fun was had.  Thanksgiving day and all that comes with it are just some of the reasons why I love this holiday.  There are many other reasons which I will share later.  I hope you had a great holiday and shared it with people you love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...