Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 21: Educating me! - June 22 2011

Original Post

I had every intention of writing more often but the discipline hasn't quite caught up to me yet. That's not to say i haven't been busy. I have been. Just with other things. I think, for me, I always felt like if i didn't have something profound to say then I just didn't say it. So i haven't but I also haven't oiled the joints much so even finding the motivation to write has been a little tough.

Over the last two weeks, i have spent most of my time watching two adorable little boys, setting up my website (www.kimmcilrathphotography.com) or shooting and editing pictures. I've learned a lot in the last 2 weeks. I've learned that working from home isn't as torturous as i thought, except when its 100 degrees outside. I've also learned that I can actually set up and shoot for inside jobs as well as edit my own work with photoshop. Thanks to the Internet and google, I have spent a lot of time researching and exploring. I've learned I really do like being artistic. I truly enjoy my time and find myself at the end of the day wondering where my time went (in a good way). I am actually 100 times more productive. I am also learning that I actually like myself. I am not as insecure about being alone with myself and really creating. Now that doesn't mean I think I am amazing at my craft... yet, but I think I actually may have an iota of talent.... God has been super faithful to me in the time I have had the last few weeks to really see what's important and to really reach for my dreams.


I spent this weekend shooting some friends of mine who are 9 months pregnant with a little boy. I had such a great time shooting them. Their support and love for me has been one of the key components to me taking this giant step. This was my first time shooting maternity and I really did love it! I have also loved learning how to retouch photos. Its such a cool and creative process and depending on the clients openness, you can do so much. I have felt almost guilty this week enjoying myself so much!

The reality that I need probably 10 more of these clients a month to really make a living has been a little daunting but i am trying to enjoy my time for now and pray that it all works out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...