Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Joy Of Christmas!


It's Christmas day! 

As presents are being opened, as Hugs are being distributed, as joy is being had, I find myself wanting more. More than what can fit under a tree or in a house. I want to know and understand the true meaning behind Christmas.  I am a believer. A Christian.  But I find myself caught up in things of this world.  I find myself trying to control my environment. I find myself wanting to know and understand the true meaning behind the birth of our saviour.  

On my flight home this time, I was hit face to face with how little I trust, how little I understand and how little I try.  Trying to control my situation I found myself begging God for my way.  He was gracious to give me the desire of my heart even though I sat as a child throwing a tantrum. It was in these moments that i realized I had lost sight of who he was.... Is.   

As the day, weeks and months unfold I look forward to fully grasping the saving love and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.  

I look forward to finding again the passion He showed me so long ago. 

As I open presents this Christmas, my hope is that I will be unwrapping the grace of God on my life. 

Anyway, these are some of my Christmas desires. 

I hope that this morning/day you are finding joy with your loved ones.

I hope that today you are finding Joy in the Love of Christ.  

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIENDS!

Photo Courtesy of Sarah from Fontenot Four



6 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm a new follower from the Monday meet up! Amen to all of those! Merry Christmas, Kim!

    Follow back?:)

    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, new follower from the GFC blog hop. Merry Christmas! Looking forward to reading more. :)

    xo,
    Kristin
    aboutagirl.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite line.... "my hope is that I will be unwrapping the grace of God on my life."
    Beautiful!
    I hope your Christmas was fantastic!! I can't wait to meet you in person, Kim!! I get to excited when I think about it!!!
    Xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI there! I am a new follower from The GFC blog hop....a little late:) Merry CHristmas and Happy New Year!!! I'm Hanna and you can find me here

    www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know that I was your 500th GFC Follower :) woo-hoo!!! I am so excited to follow you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...