Monday, October 31, 2011

Apple A Day: Apple Pie Cheesecake

(Printable Recipe)



A friend of mine shared this recipe with me.  I love cheesecake and I love apples, so to combine the two sounded like a great idea.  I made it for our church's community dinner.  I got lots of thumbs up for it.  I made a few changes to the original recipe but otherwise it was the same as what my friend listed.

WHAT YOU NEED:
    • 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
    • 1/2 cup ground gingersnap cookies
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
    • 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
    • 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
    • 2 eggs
    • 4 cups sliced apples (from 2 to 3 apples)
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

    • Preheat oven to 350°F.
  • Grind graham crackers and ginger snap cookies in a food processor or blender until well ground.



Combine graham crackers, ground gingersnap cookies, 3 tablespoons sugar, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in a large bowl; mix well. 


    • Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 minutes.



    • In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar together until well blended. 

    • Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well. 

    • Add vanilla and beat.


    • Pour mixture into prepared pie crust

    • In a large bowl, combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Add apples and toss to coat. Drain excess liquids.  Spoon apples over cheesecake filling. 

  • Add pecans or walnuts as desired.  I put nuts only on half for those who might not like nuts.

    • Bake one hour, remove, and cool before serving.
  • This is a delicious recipe.  I hope you enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...