Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Memories




I've been a little MIA lately. I haven't had the time or even really made the time to write or even read in the blog world lately. I guess we all need mental or physical breaks sometimes. I was porusing one my favorite blogs, The Fontenot Four and I saw that Sarah, Kelly from Exceptionalistic and Becky from Tales of Beauty for Ashes were doing a twelve days of Christmas and I thought I'd link up with them and write a post on my "Christmas Past: favorite Christmas memory."

The great think about my Christmas, is that it has never really changed and its pretty simple.
Our christmas traditions start with Christmas eve.  
We used to go to the Vespers Service at my old church but for the last several years we stay in and eat crab legs!  YUP... Crab Legs!  Jealous!

On Christmas morning, my dad and I wake up when we want... and force my mom to get up wait for mom to wake up.  Dad brews some coffee and preps for brunch while we wait for mom to get up.  Then we get ready for the fun  

Santa's Elf (AKA me) starts handing out the presents.  Everyone gets all of their presents before we open.  Then we simply go around and open them one at a time.

After we've ooh'd and ahh'd over our gifts, we begin the brunch phase of our morning.  Dad always makes french toast while mom busies herself prepping the turkey.  Then we sit down for a nice Christmas brunch.

Every year its pretty much the same thing.  We have some variations to things every year but for the most part it is the same.  Although I am one for change,  I do love the familiarity of our process each year.  

I know its not just one memory but a series of memories mushed together into one but I wouldn't change it for the world. 

What is your favorite Christmas memory? Write about it and link up at Fontenot Four!

Have a great Christmas!


4 comments:

  1. i love our christmas traditions also... i don't mind change, but this year will be the first year without my brother around in 27 years =( that bums me out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are starting to make our own traditions as a family since I've never really had a real Christmas before and I can't wait to make our own memories with my daughter, husband and myself :)

    xoxo
    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that your Christmas tree Kim? It's breathtaking!

    I totally enjoyed reading this post. I should write one up too. I'm assuming you're an only child? I didn't know that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that tree!! Love it!! Mine still only has lights on it. =/ We need to get it together.
    Thanks for linking up at Monday Meet Up! Xxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...